On this day last year, I was in ICU on day 6 of my then 7 day life expectancy unless a liver was found to save me. A year ago today, I received that gift of life from an unknown angel. It is because of so many prayers, an incredible medical team, and the person whose life ended and therefore mine began again that I have been blessed to live another year. I may never know why my life was spared but I know that God is not done with me yet. My life has changed immensely this past year and I have through it all learned more about myself, how precious life truly is and that every day is a gift that should not be wasted.
In this season of Thanksgiving, and for the past 365 days I have been blessed beyond measure. But most of all every single day since November 26, 2011 and every day in my future, I will always be most grateful to the person and their family who made the decision to donate his/her organs that saved my life and possibly others as well. I can’t help but think about that family’s past year and the holidays such as Mothers day, birthdays, special moments and now Thanksgiving that they have spent without their loved one. Although I may never meet the family or know who the person was, they will always live on in my mind, heart and body. For this I am truly THANKFUL! As well as to my family, friends, co-workers, medical team and all the people in my life that have supported me, loved me and been so incredibly special in my life---always but especially this past year.
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. – John 14.27

Such an amazing story that God wrote into your life. So glad you are sharing it, bringing people hope, and providing peace for those making these same decisions! Hope this another year filled with many blessings!
ReplyDelete