Monday, August 20, 2012

I AM grateful for this day

So, it's obviously been awhile since I've blogged. I have had many, many a time that I have had news or something that I wanted to share with all of you who have been following and so faithful through this journey with me. But something always came up that derailed me.  In the beginning, it was doctor appointments, procedures, hospital checkups, biopsies, blood draws, etc. (you know all that weekly life saving/changing stuff :) Then somewhere along the way it became lunches, movies, the cleaners, the grocery store, folding laundry, paying bills, driving for the first time in 7 months, going to Walgreens, the dry cleaning, meeting a friend....of course we all know the list goes on. Basically, Life started again for me and took me by complete surprise...until now.

My screensaver on my phone says, I Will Be Grateful For This Day!  And every morning as I press snooze on my alarm (2-20 times depending upon how early) I see it or when I go to check a message or take a picture I am reminded that 268 days ago I was given (by many) a 2nd chance at life. So, I am grateful for this day and every one that I am given, to be with my family, my friends, my future and former students, people I have yet to meet, my organ donor and family and for every moment good or bad because I was blessed with this day.

I know that I personally take the time to complain or vent when things aren't going my way.....my food is cold, I'm stuck in traffic, I have a late meeting, have to stop for gas or forget something but I'd like to take this particular blog to show my complete gratitude for the many blessings in my life because it is life and there will always be good and bad. I truly believe that with faith, strong relationships and how you choose to view each situation, day, circumstance....it will make all the difference....

Just my experiences....And with that being said, I continually strive to focus on a positive future because as much as we plan, God will always remind you of His.

So, tomorrow I will begin a new school year after being out for 10 months.....trust me it's not the "vacation" from work I'd recommend. Since I was 5, I've had severe anxiety about the first day of school and still do at 32. But instead of looking back on my memories from last school year's beginning, I am trying to focus on the amazing positive things that God, my medical team, family, and friends have begun in my life.

Finally, onto the medical aspect :)...

---so many praises because
I am off the daily blood thinner shots because the DVT (clot) mostly cleared and the other veins around it are picking up for the chronic part that will always remain. I can fly once again--Bon Voyage ;)!

They have successfully lowered my anti rejection medications to prepare my system for being back at work!

So many prayers have been answered and I look forward to God's path for every day!

---

1 comment:

  1. I'm grateful for this day and for YOU! I need my fellow KC's around to help keep things exciting! :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete