Sunday, January 15, 2012

Homeward Bound

Yesterday the vascular specialists and blood doctors came in to give their diagnosis. They feel my clot is 7 weeks old (from a femur catheter during the transplant) so it is considered chronic or sub acute. The DVT (clot)is too old for the invasive procedure and it should respond to well to the lovenox/Coumadin therapy! I will be giving myself shots in the stomach of the lovenox for 7 days :(! Please pray for me to be brave and have a steady quick hand! I will ne on the Coumadin for at least 6 months.

This morning around 9:00 am, the liver surgeons came in and agree with the second and third opinions. He told me to enjoy the rest of this beautiful weekend! We had to wait for the liver specialist to come in, discuss follow up treatment and discharge orders....she came in about 2:30pm. Now, we are waiting on her fellow to complete the discharge paperwork. I've learned that given my circumstances it takes several people to give the "go ahead" on releasing me. So, we are playing the waiting game with my sweet nurse checking often! HOME SWEET HOME Soon!!! Your continued support and prayers mean so much to me! God is and has been so very good!

But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. I will sing to the LORD because HE is good to me. -- Psalm 13:5 

5 comments:

  1. Kaley, Wanted you to know I am praying for you. Knowing God will give you a quick and steady hand. Enjoy being home!! Sarah Beth Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giving yourself a shot will be a new and interesting skill to add to your resume! Glad you're going to be home again! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, thank you! My dad and I worked together and it was very quick and amazingly less painful than the nurse! Your prayers mean a lot! I am so thankful you are thinking of me!

    KC - so good to be home! We are really behind on our rehearsal schedule...you must move from that boring town down south up to the Big D. 1. Because I miss you too! B. I want to have monthly game nights so I can dominate like usual. 3c. Our song and dance number is suffering horribly due to the distance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney Miesse SingletonJanuary 16, 2012 at 10:44 AM

    Kaley, Just wanted to tell you that you are in my thoughts and prayers continuously. I'm so sorry that you had to endure all of this, but in the end I know it will make you a stronger person. We all go through trials, and we just have to keep our faith in God. He will never fail you! Love ya! Let me know when you come back to the big city of SS. Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad I found your blog. I have been able to keep up with your progress through Terry but it is so nice to hear how things are going in your own words. Hope that you are are feeling better and that you are able to stay at home (instead of bouncing back to the hospital). Jim and I are keeping you in our prayers for recovery.

    ReplyDelete