So, remember in my previous post how I was dissing the hospital's sleeping arrangements. Well, I spoke too soon about being back in the comfort of my own home. I'm back to my remote control bed and my parents snoring on the cot. :). Let me take you back to the start yesterday morning.
I went in for clinic yesterday starting at 8:30am and after all of the regular blood work, I went to see the doctor. I'd had a pain in the upper part of my calf on my left leg for a few weeks. I mentioned that it was still there so they decided I should have an ultrasound. They found a blood clot that starts at the top of my femur and goes the entire length of my leg to my ankle. They admitted me to the hospital right away. They started me on anti-coagulation therapy. My case is different because I am on so many medicines from the transplant that could interact so I have to be under close observation in the hospital for a little while. I am getting 2 shots in my stomach and taking Coumadin. The Transplant team and have decided that a second opinion is needed as to which form of treatment I should pursue. I can continue on the blood thinners for 6 months to prevent future clots and hopefully dissolve this one. Or they will do a procedure where I am sedated and they would go in with a catheter and do a drip to try to dissolve it quickly. They both have risks associated. Tomorrow they are sending in a vascular therapist for him to give me options/risks and his opinion. He will also meet with my transplant team. Ultimately the decision is up to me. I hope to be in the hospital for as few days as possible then be able to manage my care at home with frequent visits to the hospital for check ups and monitoring. Please pray for the doctor's wisdom, my healing, the best treatment and full recovery.
I will update as soon as I know more.
Bummer Mcbummington. I so wish we were closer so I could keep you company, work on our choreography and harmonies, etc.
ReplyDeleteYou just get all these complications out of the way now because you have a LONG, HAPPY life ahead of you!!! Praying for your complete restoration to health. Love you!!
ReplyDeleteBummer is right but back home now!
ReplyDeleteSherrie, thank you so much for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers! The Lord is truly blessing me!