But this Valentine's Day, he will begin delivering heavy doses of IV steroids! The results from my biopsy came back and it showed that I have moderate to severe liver rejection. My transplant team met and decided that the best plan of action in order to prevent the rejection from progressing is...... Admit me to St. Paul's ASAP and I immediately began my first round of IV steroids tonight. I will be here for at least 3 days. If things go as they hope, we should be seeing good results quickly. They have also switched me back to a stronger anti rejection drug (caused me to have a seizure in December). But they are monitoring closely and believe it will be safer since I am almost 3 months out from surgery. My doctor seemed optimistic but this really really NEEDS to work! Thank you immensely for the continued prayers! This is a scary situation and I can't say enough how much it means to me to have such a strong group of people supporting me!
Much love on this Heart Day and always! Kaley
 |
My fabulous co-workers sent caring notes and a heart shaped pizza for a Valentine's treat!
|
Hiss, boo!!! Do not like this at all for you....but trusting God to have a mighty plan for your good and His glory!! Love you sweet girl. Amazed at your strength and courage. Praying for complete restoration to health. Hugs from the Kulwicki's!!!
ReplyDelete