Don't worry though because it is actually considered a safer method than the traditional biopsy.
My liver numbers are still heavily elevated and show rejection as of this morning. They cant wait any longer....So, on Monday I will be having a transjugular liver biopsy. They will be going in an artery through my neck with the needle down to the liver. This way they will be able to check the vessel pressure, inflammation and level of rejection. If the rejection is mild-moderate, they will begin heavy doses of oral steroids. If rejection is severe, then admit to hospital several days for IV steroids. They are expecting for mild-moderate rejection to be the outcome! I will receive anesthesia and shouldn't remember most of it. I have stopped my Coumadin (oral blood thinner for my DVT (clot) --getting so fancy with my medical terminology :). But my biggest risk will still be bleeding, so I will be monitored for several hours after the procedure before being sent home.
Monday morning: Hospital by 6:15 a.m., biopsy at 9:00 a.m......Monday night I plan to be back in my recliner for a Mad Men (thank you Elizabeth for the recommendation) marathon! Popcorn in hand of course!hmmm maybe a box of girl scout cookies too!
| Ready for the biopsy with my sensational scarf! |
side note: I was watching, Home Sweet Hollywood with Tori and Dean (please do not cast aspersions)and I was inspired to design my own hospital gown! Tori's was off the shoulder with ruffles...I so need one of those! Easy IV access that way! ;) But until then I guess I must opt for accessories! Thankfully, my friend Stacy thought of and got me a sensational scarf! She suggested I wear it to cover my bandage. I'll totally Make It Work!!
I could probably sew one of those for you! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the comment love! I was starting to get a little disheartened...is anyone out there?? I should have known my fellow KC would have my back!
ReplyDeleteThis KC is there, too. Actually about to go to sleep on your couch! I am beyond grateful, thankful, and blessed for the gift God provided for you, the support of so many amazIng people! Thank you, all! Praise God.
ReplyDelete