Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday12/16/11

Wow! I thought I would be home already  I am still in the hospital being monitored closely.  What an intense past few weeks it has been!  I went from strep throat at the doctor's office to being on dialysis and the liver transplant list within a matter of weeks.  The antibiotics for the strep are what caused the severe liver damage but that's a post for another time if you havent heard the story.  (See the brief version on the left hand side of blog).

My recovery has been very good so far.  I have occupational, physical, and respiratory therapy.  Those are all helping.  I am very determined to be getting home and starting life with my new liver!  Although it will be a very up and down road, I am ready for the challenge.  I am taking care of myself mentally, physically, and emotionally.  I am SO blessed with my friends and family that I have helping me along the way.  Any prayers and kind words mean a lot. Thank goodness God is in control since He knows what he's doing.  All off my nurses, techs, and doctors have been wonderful as well--I can't say that enough!

9 days until Christmas!  I hope to be spending it in my own home!

Kaley

++For all of my teacher friends, enjoy your holiday break!

Best Christmas gift I could imagine:  nativity from precious Reese Holt.  Love that boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment